I’ve tried several things that are salted and caramel so I thought I’d give it a try by making salted caramel chocolate chip cookies. They turned out well but I would have put more salt on them and maybe instead of covering the caramel just leave the it on top. Definitively a step closer to making the perfect salted caramel cookies though. This is what I did.
1. Follow this recipe for the cookie dough.
2. When the dough is prepared use about half the dough to make 12 cookies and flatten them a lot.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon of milk in the microwave (any type will do).
4. Add 4 caramels (like the kind you buy at a convenience store). Then put back in the micro wave string often until the caramels are melted.
5. Drizzle the caramel onto the flattened cookies, top them with the remaining dough, and salt with a few shakes of salt. Then bake!