What are you thankful for? Well confession, I’m thankful for YouTube. I love watching videos on YouTube makeup tutorials covers of songs, vlogs, cute animals. Here are some of my favourite channels for some different YouTube genres.
beautybabby44– She posts videos consistently and comes across as really friendly (I assume she is friendly but I’ve never met her)
essiebutton– Shes Canadian, is great at makeup, and films the cutest videos of her dog.
Tyler Oakley– He’s always so upbeat and happy in videos they always make me laugh.
JennaMarbles– Her videos are so random and wonderful. She also posts cute videos of her dogs.
BeyondBeautyStar– The editing in her videos is great and I love her laid back but chic style.
clothesencounters– Her style is so cool!
LauraZocca– She posts really great acoustic covers as well as originals.
MeganandLiz– I’ve been watching their videos for a long time. They do cool covers and great original songs!
Here are some of my favourite things so far this summer!
I’ve recently discovered the convenience of making flower crowns. Why would I want to spend $30 on one from Urban Outfitters when I could make my own. It doesn’t require sewing or spending lots of money which is a plus!
Here is the easiest and most effective way I’ve found to making them.
– Use an old or new stretchy head band, it shouldn’t be larger than about an inch. Try and make sure the headband will still fit even if it gets a bit tighter because I’ve found glue makes them fit smaller.
– Buy fake flowers from a dollar store
– Detach the fake flowers from the stem and cut off almost all of the stem that is still attached to the flower.
-Use a glue gun to attach the flowers. Place them so that the petals overlap a bit so that when it’s stretched out there won’t be large gaps.
I’ve actually been to quite a few concerts at locations ranging from the second floor of a building to a stadium. No music festivals (yet) but Taylor’s Swift last concert got pretty crazy. I thought sharing these things would be especially helpful for someone who’s not been to many or maybe someone looking for some wonderful advice.
-Timing: Aim to get there just a bit before the opening act. Running late or being late to a concert is extremely stressful and if you payed $100 for a ticket you might as well see the opening act.
-Closed toe shoes: Once someone ran over my toe, it was just gross.
– Accessories: Sunglasses and a flower crown not practical, you’ll just look cooler (check out my post on DIY flower crowns here)
– A wristlet or just cash: It’s inconvenient to carry around a purse but you know you’ll end up caving to buy the $5 bottle of water
-Hair ties: If you have long hair hair ties are just an essential everyday already.
-A phone with space: If you like taking pictures make sure you have the space so you’re not forced to delete stuff off your phone half way through.
– A good phone case: If you’re prone to dropping your phone you’re even more likely to drop it at a concert, use a case that protects it.
– SING: It’s the only place socially acceptable to scream song lyrics. I mean you can try it walking down the street but you won’t be judged at a concert.
I’ve been a fan of Selena Gomez since she was on Wizards of Waverly Place. I’ve always admired her style, even then. I think her casual street style always looks super cute but It must be hard to be photographed constantly! I like how comfortable and bohemian her outfits look. The key elements of these outfits are a white bag, sunglasses, and headbands. I will definitely be taking inspiration from these outfits for spring!
For those that are unaware sharing what is in your purse is a popular thing to do. It actually is kinda strange I guess, but whatever. I don’t carry a purse around everywhere because I have to carry school books and such so I use a backpack. So this is a combination of things actually in my purse and things in my backpack that would be in my purse if I didn’t have to use a backpack (lot of rambling there sorry).
So ya I kind of always carry tea, a Fruit to Go, and my Menchies (a frozen yogurt store) rewards card everywhere. I’m prepared for any food related situation. I also keep a little wristlet with ID and some money as well as my wallet, gum, lip balm, hair tie, and sunglasses. I normally have this in my backpack but I always have my agenda/notebook and a USB key. If you’re wondering my purse is from Garage.
Have a great day!
In honor of the first week of spring here is my spring shopping list.
1. Forever 21 Lace Maxi Skirt
2. Keds Bow Stripe
3. ASOS Jelly Sandles For those not frequenting Tumblr you might think these are the shoes you wore as a 5 year old, well they still are except they’re trendy now.
4. Brandy Melville Dress
5. American Apparel Floral Skrit
6. ASOS Satchel I love the bright colour and sophisticated look of this bag.
Stay tuned for some more posts about food!