People are always talking about New Year’s resolutions. I think those are always a bit ambitious I prefer setting smaller goals and tasks like trying out a new recipe, dedicating time to work on something, and eat less cookies (weird? Kinda but I eat a lot of cookies so it’s not). Here are some new things I want to try in the next few weeks
-Try to layer more and wear statement jewelry. I always admire people’s fashion sense when they wear bright jewelry! (photo credits to Classy Girls Wear Pearls)
– Try to find an amazing juice recipe! (photo credits to A Beautiful Mess)
– Do something fun with all my nail polish, right now it’s sitting in a box under my bed. (photo credits to A Beautiful Mess)
– I really want to buy some cactus and succulent and make my own mini terrarium . (photo credits to Clean Slate)
It’s so cold out today so in anticipation for spring I thought I’d answer the questions from the “I <3 Spring” tag.
1. Favorite spring nail polish?
Lacey Lilac by Sally Hansen (pictured far right)
2. What is your must-have lip color this spring?
Peach Parfait Revlon lip butter
3. Show us your favorite spring dress!
Coral and lace dress from Pacsun (pictured far left)
4. What’s your favorite flower?
Those colorful flowers called gerbera
5. Favorite spring scarf/accessory?
Teal blue bow earrings from Forever 21
6. What spring trend(s) are you most excited about this year? (Makeup, fashion or both!)
Big sweaters and jean shorts. I don’t think that really counts as a trend but I saw it in Teen Vogue so it counts.
7. Favorite spring candle?
8. Favorite body spray/perfume for spring?
None I don’t wear perfume stuff.
9. What is spring like where you live?
Mild but sometimes really cold or really warm
10. What’s your favorite thing about spring?
11. Are you a spring cleaner?
I’m a year round cleaner (my parents are proud)
12. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation?
I wish! I plan on riding my bike though so I’ll probably get a good few blocks away from my house.
I’m not that great at just simply painting my nails so when it comes to nail art, it never really comes to nail art for me. If you’re on the same boat an easy way to spice up a nail look is to use a glittery nail polish on both of your ring fingers. This would work well for New Year’s Eve and is super simple to do.
I like using a dark colour to contrast the glitter. It kind of reminds me of a starry night sky. I used Pacific Blue for the base coat by Sally Hansen and Nicole by O.P.I’s Kissed at Midnight (perfect for tonight, or not).
Happy New Year!
Nail polish is so dependent on the season! For example most people wouldn’t even think of wearing hot pink in the winter but they would wear it in the summer (excluding Nicki Minaj of course). For fall I like deep purples, neutrals, and gold glitter to accent one finger.
From left to right is Nicole by O.P.I in Show Your Care, Essie’s Glamour Purse, Revlon’s Bold Sangria, Essie’s Sand Tropez, and Nicole by O.P.I’s Kissed at Midnight. These are all great nail polishes that take 1-2 coats to become opaque.
What’s your favourite fall nail polish?